Friday, June 1, 2012

DIY Solar Lights Under $2

Supplies
1 glass frappuccino coffee bottle (I used one from Aldis)
1 solar light (Dollar Tree $1)
Goo Gone
E-6000 (Walmart)
Vinyl (I can cut what you need)

Step one: wash your coffee bottle and remove the stickers.
Use Goo Gone to remove the left over adhesive. Then wash again to remove the goo gone.
Place your vinyl where you'd like. I used the letter "E" and polka dots but you can use any design.
Take your solar light and remove the stake. You can also remove the plastic under the light if you choose. I left mine on because I like the effect (as shown in the picture).
Place a little bit of E-6000 around the rim of the bottle and set the solar light on top. 
Let dry and add your ribbon.
I made mine for our picnic table but these would be cute on a deck or by an entry. 
You can also add colored sand, shells, buttons..etc in the bottle.
CUTENESS ~Liz & Bernie

2 comments:

  1. A great idea...and so versatile. Thanks so much for sharing. I plan to look at more of your ideas too. I love creative people!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan on doing a project every friday!

    ReplyDelete